What is “Lebnet Ignite”
LebNet Ignite is a program designed to immerse Lebanese start-up founders in the Silicon Valley culture. It will give you a foundation of knowledge and access to the expertise you need to expand your vision and scale your company globally.
During the program, you will connect with and receive advice, feedback and perspectives on team composition, launched products, and business and growth strategies from venture capitalists, successful founders, and game-changing domain experts. With the small group size and intimate house environment, you will also forge valuable business relationships with other successful entrepreneurs from around the world.
Program Dates: The program runs twice a year.
The selected participants will:
- Learn about interfacing with investors, the basics of venture capital, raising money in Silicon Valley, and legal and financial issues of born-global start-ups
- Network with Silicon Valley’s community members
- Connect with domain-specific experts, mentors, advisors, Board members, and thought leaders.
- Get customized analysis and advice regarding how to build and grow a technology business on a global scale
- Get exposed to Silicon Valley’s code and culture
- Receive training on pitching
- Get legal and financial advice, business and strategy mentoring, and PR assistance
- Receive customized LebNet support
- Showcase during a demo day.
Selection Process/Evaluation Criteria
- The start-up should be in high-tech
- The start-up should have launched and tested a product or service
- The start-up should preferably have raised money and/or be generating revenues
- The start-up should have global (or significant regional) market reach
- The start-up should have the potential for fast growth
- The founders should be open to feedback, and show commitment and aptitude to being coached
- At least one founding member of the start-up must attend (English proficiency is needed)
- Note: the start-up does not have to be incorporated in the US
How to Apply
LebNet will nominate several startups for the program, and these nominated start-ups will then apply online to the Blackbox Connect program.
After the nominated start-ups complete an online application; we will conduct two rounds of video interviews to assess customer/user feedback on the product, future plans and current challenges, and of course English proficiency.
If interested please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An executive summary about the start-up and the products/services offered
- A description of your start-up’s three most immediate needs
- Brief profiles of founders and executive team
Also, please register here: http://blackbox.vc/programs/apply/
Please note that LebNet and/or Blackbox reserve the right to accept or reject nominated companies based on the application and video interview assessments.
“Lebnet-Ignite is a condensed two-week program that answers all your questions from “does my model work in the US” and “what can I do to make it work” to “what’s the Valley like” and “what are the requirements to move to the Valley”. Shadi Tabbara- Brate
“It’s been a spectacular two weeks, and my participation at the program changed my life.” Abdallah Absi- Zoomaal