January 17, 2018
Newsletter December 2017
What a year 2017 was for our community!
It’s quite a challenge these days to summarize our yearly achievements using just anecdotes and stories to impress upon the reader the scale of our growth, so we need to get better at sharing stats and metrics. Hence by the numbers:
- 660+ members: 25% growth YoY
- 12 events this year totaling more than 400 attendees
- Nationwide activities & events in SF Bay Area, NYC, Boston, San Diego, & Seattle
- 18 Lebanese Startups attended our LebNet Ignite Program in San Francisco
- 70+ active mentors
We recently welcomed a new board member Habib Haddad, Managing Partner at the MIT Media Lab E14 Fund who collaborated with amazing member volunteers to organize a very successful event in the Boston area in December.
We’re also very excited to feature in our Spotlight section LebNet member Richard Rabbat Co-Founder/CEO of Gfycat.
Finally, I am very pleased to announce that the board approved this month our LebNet 2.0 strategy which is nothing short of a hypergrowth transformational plan. Our members as well as Lebanese startups have been very vocal about the need for more programs to better harness the power of our network and its collective knowledge pool. Stepping up to meet those expectations and to live up to our strong brand will require us to adopt a new operating model and add staff to support it. You will hear more about it in the coming months as we develop that plan. We will continue to rely on your involvement and generosity.
George Akiki, LebNet President and Co-Founder
Fundraising Campaign →
What a year it’s been! 2017 is coming to a close but we’re only just beginning. In addition to our 4 annual events, our expansion teams did a phenomenal job at our recent events in San Diego, Seattle, Boston and NYC. Our annual Bay Area Cross Tech Dinner was the perfect way to conclude the year with The Power of Science. Check out all our recaps.
SAVE THE DATE, UPCOMING LEBNET EVENTS
- Stay on the lookout through our emails and social for our ongoing annual events in the Bay Area and our national expansion events in a city near you!ECOSYSTEM EVENTS OF INTEREST
If you are a LebNet member, by giving a few hours of your time per month, you may contribute to the success of a Lebanese start-up in the global market!
Become a Mentor
If you are not a Lebnet member, or not sure, click below.
The sixth edition of our flagship Accelerator, LebNet Ignite will take place February 2017 powered by Blackbox. We’re proud to join forces with our new partner French Tech Hub and our ongoing partner Blackbox Connect to create an accelerator program that propels startups to the next level. Can your startup make it to LebNet Ignite? Read More
Curious about what your favorite startups have been up to since completing LebNet Ignite? Check out their latest news.
News from the Ecosystem
- LebNet Sr. Advisor Magid Abraham, LebNet President and Co-Founder George Akiki, and Members George Chammas, Ramzi Haidamus, Raed El Murib, Haitham Ballout, Nadim Maluf, Simon Khalaf, Lila Ibrahim, Charles Debbas, and George Abdo Kadifa (LebNet Chairman of the Board) featured on LBC’s Asmaa Min El Tarikh
- Cherpa was awarded the Best Youth Startup for Supernova Pitch Competition 2017 at GITEX
- MEVP invests in Dubai based One Click Delivery Services.
- ArabNet Riyadh sheds light on the importance of transforming the educational system in Saudi in order to boost the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Member In The Spotlight:
Richard Rabbat, Co Founder/CEO of Gfycat
We’re so excited to catch up with one of the hottest tech entrepreneurs of the moment to discuss his journey, career advice, and more.
Jobs & Internships
- Neotic is looking to fill various positions including top traders for performance testing, finance, and more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drapp hiring for CTO- Mobile Application based in Beirut to build the product and act as Technology Lead. Contact email@example.com
- HP Inc. hiring a Content Creation Lead to support internal and external communications for the Americas region
- Synkers is looking for talented senior software developers to build a product that never existed before. Email CV or referral to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for opportunity for yourself or a loved one? LebNet members get exclusive access to job postings on our Message Board. Register as a member and begin searching the Message Board for your next job/internship.
205 De Anza Blvd., #72, San Mateo, CA 94402, USA
© 2012-2016, LebNet. All rights reserved.
You are receiving this message because you opted in at www.lebnet.us.
Visit your account page to update your contact details, privacy settings and other settings.