January 28, 2021
Webinars and Talks you Missed in 2020
These last two years have been exceptional by all means.
In the face of a global relentless pandemic, remote work has changed the way people conduct business all over the world. Zoom dress code has become a thing and the only way to share knowledge and acquire it is through online video conferencing tools.
Pre-Covid-19, LebNet hosted talks and events on a regular basis, gathering communities from all over the US and Canada to discuss high tech, biotechnology, robotics, 5G among other topics. Since last April 2020, we moved our offline activities to webinars and online talks to keep the trend going safely.
In order not to miss out on any previous event, we compiled below a list of all recent and older webinars and talks with their respective links on our YouTube channel. Make sure to also subscribe to the channel so you get notified of any upcoming video.
Videos will be listed by date, from newest to oldest.
- Silicon Valley Channel: “We” wins over “I” in Winning Startups Part 5: The Silicon Valley Channel is a series of tech talks launched by LebNet and the Maroun Semaan Faculty of Engineering and Architecture (MSFEA) at the American University of Beirut (AUB). The most recent part of this series hosted a webinar with Magid Abraham, founder and CEO of Neurawell Therapeutics, a pharmaceutical company developing mental health treatments.
- Silicon Valley Channel: Warehouse Automation Overview and Trends with Joe Zoghzoghy Part 4: Joe Zoghzoghy, CTO at Bastian Solutions, provided an overview of the technologies employed in warehouse automation, such as Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS), Good-to-Person technologies, Autonomous Ground Vehicles, and Robotics.
- How is the COVID-19 Pandemic impacting AI Solutions? What is the role of AI for businesses and industries trying to navigate the COVID-19 crisis? Will the world post-COVID create new opportunities for AI solutions? Which previously promising areas of AI will face challenges and delays? How are AI startups weathering the storm? All these questions and more were discussed by Johnny Ghibril, VP, Data Science & Solution Architecture at B.Yond; Anthony Tayoun, Co-founder and COO/CFO at Dexai Robotics; and George Trad, VP of Product at Kasisto.
- Silicon Valley Channel: 5G Opportunities and Challenges Part 3: Fram Akiki, former Vice President, Electronics & Semiconductor Industry for Siemens Digital Industries Software, talked about 5G opportunities and challenges.
- Silicon Valley Channel: IP Rights and Issues Part 2: Mark Abumeri, a partner at law firm Knobbe Martens with over twenty years of IP law experience under his belt, covered the basic characteristics of IP assets, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets.
- VC & Investor Perspective on Challenges faced by Startups during COVID-19: In this webinar, panelists Habib Haddad, Managing Partner, E14 Fund; Habib Kairouz, Managing Partner, Rho Capital Partners; Khaled Nasr, General Partner and COO, InterWest Partners; George Kadifa, Managing Partner, Sumeru Equity Partners and Jeffrey Akiki, Early Stage Investor, Bolt discussed how this global crisis is affecting founders in the US, Canada and the global ecosystem in general. They presented insights on how VC portfolios are impacted and how they see the future changing.
- COVID-19: Will Science Deliver a Timely Solution? The following panelists walked us through a day in the life of a physician at the forefront, discussing what technology can do to expedite a solution, and preview what drugs are on the horizon with the potential to cure or prevent the spread of the disease: Ammar Qadan, Vice President & Global Market Access Lead at Illumina; Muhieddine Makkouk, Vice President, Alliance Management at Gilead; Dr. Salwan AbiEzzi, Lead Physician, Encina Practice at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation. Moderator: Dr. Farah Fawaz, Vice President of Quality at Allogene Therapeutics, LebNet Board Member
- LebNet Virtual Holiday Event – Dec 15, 2020: LebNet hosted on December 15 its annual holiday event virtually, featuring a wine tasting session conducted by Daou Family Estates’ proprietor Daniel Daou, followed by an award ceremony where it presented its Second Annual Bireme Award to Fouad (Ford) Tamer, CEO at Inphi Corporation. At the end, singer Leila Milki prepared a medley of multilingual songs, dazzling us with her angelic singing voice and wonderful piano playing.
- Fouad (Ford) Tamer receives LebNet Bireme Award: LebNet’s Second Bireme Award ceremony was held during the Annual Virtual Holiday event, where we presented our Executive of the Year 2020 to Fouad (Ford) Tamer, CEO at Inphi Corporation. In this video, he talked about his journey, from early startups to building clientele and growing businesses.
- The Inspiring Story Behind Daou Vineyards:The Inspiring Story Behind Daou Vineyards: LebNet Virtual Holiday featured an inspiring talk given by Daniel Daou, one of the two proprietors of Daou Vineyards, one of the fastest selling wines in the US. Daniel took us through the early struggles of moving during the war to France, then following the American dream and founding with his brother one of the fastest growing wineries in the country. Watch the video to find out what makes their wines so viral, the inspiring story of the name behind their best wine ‘Soul of the Lion’ and much more.