LebNet Ignite is a residential program designed to immerse Lebanese start-up founders in the Silicon Valley culture. It will give you a foundation of knowledge and access to the expertise you need to expand your vision and scale your company globally.
During the program, you will connect with and receive advice, feedback and perspectives on team composition, launched products, and business and growth strategies from venture capitalists, successful founders, and game-changing domain experts. With the small group size and intimate house environment, you will also forge valuable business relationships with other successful entrepreneurs from around the world.
The selected participants will:
- Learn about interfacing with investors, the basics of venture capital, raising money in Silicon Valley, and legal and financial issues of born-global start-ups
- Network with Silicon Valley’s community members
- Connect with domain-specific experts, mentors, advisors, Board members, and thought leaders.
- Get customized analysis and advice regarding how to build and grow a technology business on a global scale
- Get exposed to Silicon Valley’s code and culture
- Receive training on pitching
- Get legal and financial advice, business and strategy mentoring, and PR assistance
- Receive customized LebNet support
- Showcase during a demo day.
Selection Process/Evaluation Criteria
- The start-up should be in high-tech
- The start-up should have launched and tested a product or service
- The start-up should preferably have raised money and/or be generating revenues
- The start-up should have global (or significant regional) market reach
- The start-up should have the potential for fast growth
- The founders should be open to feedback, and show commitment and aptitude to being coached
- At least one founding member of the start-up must attend (English proficiency is needed)
- Note: the start-up does not have to be incorporated in the US
“Lebnet Ignite is a condensed two-week program that answers all your questions from “does my model work in the US” and “what can I do to make it work” to “what’s the Valley like” and “what are the requirements to move to the Valley”. Shadi Tabbara- Brate
“It’s been a spectacular two weeks, and my participation at the program changed my life.” Abdallah Absi- Zoomaal
“Connections are extremely important. One of LebNet’s members, Amer Hajj, is now our advisor. He’s been in the healthcare sector and we were lucky to have someone who wanted to be involved.” Ziad Alame – Spike.
“LebNet Ignite was the best experience ever. We had access to people we can never have access to in Lebanon. The Lebanese market is in need of more role models and success stories they can look up to and seek advice from”. Audrey Nakkad – Synkers.