At SPARK Microsystems, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives, which contributes to the enrichment of our organization. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability.
- Execute design of digital, analog, and mixed signal hardware design (component selection, schematic capture, simulation, layout support, test and documentation) for new and existing products.
- Design, simulation, implementation and test of PCB antennas.
- Design, simulation, implementation and test of RF components and RF integrated circuits.
- Produce design specifications, detailed design descriptions, verification plans, schematics and bill of materials for designs.
- Laboratory verification, design verification, troubleshooting and design characterization using signal generators, oscilloscopes, TDRs, logic analyzers, network analyzers, etc.
- Work directly with colleagues in PCB layout, Systems, Digital hardware, Embedded Software Development, Mechanical Engineering and Operations (Component Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Test) to complete design and introduce to manufacturing.
- Incorporate “Design for Manufacture” industry best practices into each design.
- Investigate and complete ECOs to ensure product documentation is current and reflects latest engineering standards.
- Support to design team touching firmware, software and integrated circuits design.
- Any other relevant tasks which can transcend the aforementioned duties and responsibilities
- Be an Electrical Engineering Student;
- Have a good knowledge embedded systems, hardware or integrated circuits design environments;
- Have a logical mind and be meticulous;
- Have the ability to work in a team and be able to communicate effectively;
- Being bilingual (French and English) is an asset;
SPARK Microsystems is offering 3 internship opportunities for Jan-April of 2020, May-Aug 2020, and May 2020-Aug 2021. If you feel your skills match our requirements, please email your resume, your preferable time frame, copy of transcripts, and a paragraph stating interest and availability to [email protected] Be sure to indicate current status i.e. graduate student, undergraduate level, and actual or expected graduation date.
Job Location: SPARK Microsystems, 400 rue Montfort, Suite C-2150, Montréal Québec, Canada H3C 4J9
This position is open for students based in Montreal.